Thomas J. Walthall
Tom has practiced construction law since 1980 and is Board Certified in Construction Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. His practice consists of construction litigation of all types, including court trials and arbitration involving construction defects, claims for payment, change order disputes, delay, interference and loss of efficiency claims, bond and lien claims, Prompt Pay Act claims, and Texas Construction Trust Fund cases. His practice regularly includes state court and arbitration cases, federal Miller Act litigation, and bankruptcy discharge litigation. Tom’s practice also includes counseling clients in the negotiation and preparation of subcontracts, construction contracts, purchase and supply orders, and related construction documents.
- University of Texas (J.D., 1980)
- University of Texas at Austin (B.S., Mechanical Engineering with Honors, 1977)
- State Bar of Texas (1980)
- United States District Courts of the Western, Eastern and Southern District of Texas
- United State Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Construction Law
- General Civil Litigation
- Board Certified in Construction Law
- Texas Bar Construction Law Section
- American Subcontractors Association – San Antonio Chapter
- Associated Building & Contractors – South Texas Chapter
- Associated Plumbing, Heating and Cooling Contractors of San Antonio, Inc.
- State Bar of Texas: Real Estate Forms Committee, Construction Law Section, Real Estate Section, Probate and Trust Sections